Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Opportunities and I'm Terrified!

So I've been away for the past few days, I'm sorry. I've tried to find time to sit down and write, because I feel like I have SO MUCH to say, but with school and working it's been impossible.
I talked to Mister's mom for the first time on Skype the other day. It went pretty well. She said she approves! This is very good news :) She ended up asking me if I would like to have a girls day with her and his sister. They want to get to know me a little bit before his sister and I drive down to meet up with him at the airport. I was completely caught off gaurd by this opportunity, but knew that I couldn't say no. If I said no, then they would've felt like I didn't want to get to know them, which I really do! So we came up with an idea of having me, my mom, Mister's mom, and his sister to all go bowling and out for dinner. I swear this is all backwards, but its so much fun at the same time! I haven't even met my Marine in person yet and I'm meeting his family before I meet him! How crazy! I will definitely have to let you know how that goes. I'm extremely nervous and keeping my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!
In other news, Mister found out that he might be able to make the rifle team and come back to the states. I'm so excited for him!! I know it would mean the world to him, because his dad is really big into hunting and all he's ever wanted to do is to make his dad proud of him. It breaks my heart. I'm so proud of him though :) It would also mean that I would have the opportunity to see him more often, which makes me one very happy girl!! He was also picked with five other guys to be a demolition instructor for foreign nationals! Its a very dangerous job because he will be teaching foreign countries how to properly demo things, meanwhile, they hardly know any English! I'm praying that my Marine stays safe and that all goes well. I need him safe and sound and I know that this is a very big opportunity for him. Please keep him in your prayers. He will be going to Thailand in Feburary for a few weeks which is when he will be doing his instructing.

I really have no other big news. I'm just trying to stay focused on homework and not fall behind in school. I've really been slacking this past month. I've just been so busy! Can't let myself slide, got to keep up...off to homework...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails