Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Special Four Words

NOTE: to keep my relationship with my Marine as confidential as possible, I will refer to him as "Mister". Just one of the many nicknames I have for him. Thank you for understanding!

I'm lucky enough to be dating someone right now who is willing to do whatever it takes to help me deal with things that I've been through. I've dated possibly the worst guys you could, and I've made many bad decisions that I'm not proud of. There's a lot of things that have happened in the past, that affect me and my relationship and yet he comforts me with the four words that I've learned to treasure the most so far, "It's you and me".

A few weeks ago, my Marine and I had a discussion on skype about my exboyfriend coming back from Afghanistan soon. I told him I feared that he would be coming home with the intentions of possibly trying to get back together. At one moment during the conversation, I couldn't even look at him, I was crying so hard. I wiped the tears from my eyes as he told me to look at him. He said, "Baby, I'm here for you. If you need anything let me know. I'd do anything in my power to help you. It's you and me. Remember that, you and me." It was exactly what I needed. He knew the words to say to calm me down and to make me realize even more just how perfect he really is for me. To anyone the whole "its you and me" thing, may sound dumb. But those words are something that I've learned to cherish and are words we bring up whenever one of us are lonely and down.

About two weeks after our conversation, my exboyfriend came home from Afghanistan and contacted me. I never really had full closure from him. It was a nasty ending to a relationship that neither of us ever really talked about. So the other day, him and I talked for the first time about details and situations and how bad he really did hurt me. Even though, it took him to be drunk to have the conversation and it may not be something he fully remembers, I feel that I got so much closure and so many questions out that I've been holding in for nearly six months.

My ex could never give me what I have with my Mister. I'm so blessed to have him in my life. At times, I really feel like he was a blessing from God. He's made me realize that the idea of the "perfect man" for me, really does exist...

There was something I remember looking back at and just having a "ah ha!" moment. Whenever I think about it, it still gives me goosebumps and pleases me with the biggest smile on my face. There was a guy that I was interested in before my Marine and I started talking [again]. He ended up "changing his mind" about me, but before we stopped talking, he told me that he was going to pray for me. He said that I deserved the best and that he was going to pray that I would meet that perfect guy. Not even two weeks later, I started talking to my Marine again and shortly after that, I realized he's perfect! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails