Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Day & Something Beautiful - Making Up

Today was an alright day. I didn't really have a "beautiful" moment until just a few minuets ago. I'm not sure that I was really trying today however. It was just one of those downer days where you just want to crawl in bed and sleep the day away.

The Marine and I just got off Skype a few minuets ago. Ever since he's been back from Thailand it has been very hard on me adjusting to our new "schedule". We've been fighting about everything and so I had this master plan that I was just going to try to net let it bug me. Well that failed obviously, because I think we all know that when you keep something to yourself it never ends up good. I should have known!

So we started fighting tonight and somehow we just ended up sitting there for probably ten minuets not saying anything to eachother. During those ten minuets, I prayed. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to say something stupid and I needed God's guidance on how to handle the situation. After that I felt like I should ask him how he felt we got here (here, being the situation we were in). He told me. And he asked me the same thing. So I told him.

In the end, I didn't realize some of the things he was doing that were new and the fact that we hadn't talked about it, made me think he was basically ignoring me or not trying as hard as he usually does. Communication people! I tell ya, it's key! It's hard adjusting from something your so use to so I need to work on that among other things. We are good now though. I feel relieved.

This story leads me up to my beautiful moment: The feeling you get when you have just let everything off your chest and all is well again in the world - it's a great feeling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails