Monday, March 29, 2010

His Text: Good News & Bad News

Let's start off with the bad news, shall we? I would much rather leave this post on a good note rather than a bad one.

Mister is officially going to Afghanistan. We're not sure when. It all depends on what unit he gets placed with. I guess a part of me wanted to believe this wouldn't happen. Denial? Possibly. While talking last night with him about it all, he reminded me that he had told me this was probably going to happen. I guess you never want to believe it. You want to hold on to hope that maybe you'd be one of the lucky ones that wouldn't have to go through the the feeling of sending the man you love off to war. It's horrifying. I'm trying not to worry though, we still have no idea when he'd leave. Could be a year, could be in a few months. Just have to wait and see. I have faith in God and in my Marines abilities that he will be okay and come home safely to me.

That was the bad news... now the good news!

HE'S LEAVING THAT DAMN ISLAND FOR GOOD!!!! Oh ya baby! I said it! Apparently, there is no such thing as a two year deployment anymore. They are making all two year deployments, 18 month long deployments now, due to people not having enough time to deploy to Afghanistan and what not (geeze thanks Marine Corps). The best part? He'd more than likely be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Eeeek! Can you feel my excitment people? That'd mean he'd leave six months in advance: that's six months sooner that I'll see him, six months sooner that he'll be back in the states, six months sooner that I'll be able to visit him on base, and unfortunately six months sooner that I'm going to have to get over my fear of flying. I'll do it though, with zero complaints. :)

Mr. Marine should be getting his orders in pretty soon. With his upcoming deployment however, I'm not sure if that will affect when he recieves his orders. Hmm I must ask him about that. I would really hate to have to go through our longest deployment yet (coming up here real quick, booo!), waiting to hear where he'll be stationed in the states. Oh. Em. Gee, I can't believe I just said that. I am just way to excited right now! Trying not to psych myself out though... with the military you never know what's going to happen. In a few weeks I could be writing a post titled, "False Alarm."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails