Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bad News Bears

Unfortunately, yesterday I finally got a call from my doctor (she is only calling me TWO WEEKS LATE!) and was told that I don't have to have surgery on my pollups quite yet. Normally I would think this is good news. No surgery? OKAY! The reason I don't have to have it yet though is the bad news... apparently the place where one of my pollups is located is in my upper sinus cavity and is connected to a very fragile and small bone making surgery on it be very serious and actually dangerous... My response, "well what the heck!"

In my head, I have an image of a woman that I knew (she passed away a couple of years ago) who's face had parts where it was basically caved in from sinus pollups that turned into cancer. I don't want that happening to me! I don't think I would be able to handle it. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but the thought of just leaving pollups in, scares the crap out of me. The doc said that pollups in the sinus area rarely ever turn into cancer, but the fact that I know someone who's did tends to make me not believe her. Besides, I'm usually the person who is always getting the rare stuff...

Back in middle school (yix that was a long time ago) I was on a prescription for a mark on my skin that the doctor was trying to get rid of. He told me the side affects of the medicine and also noted that there is a very serious and RARE side affect that causes brain swelling. What do you know... a couple of days on the medicine and I started developing horrible (and I mean horrible) headaches. I ended up being on the recieving side of the rare affect and had brain swelling, spinal fluid build up, one freaked out doctor, and six months of physical therapy.

Needless to say... rare things don't seem all that rare to me.

I go back into the doctor in 6 months for another cscan to see if the pollups are developing and then we will decide what to do next. This just sucks!

2 comments:

Mrs. Gambizzle said...

I finished your button, hope you like it! It's in my post go check it out! :) let me know if you need help putting it in your blog!

Missy said...

It is so hard to sit and wait on things when doctor's tell us we need to. Sometimes it is best to follow our instincts and get a second opinion. I pray it all works out for you.

Stopping in from SITS.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails