Monday, June 21, 2010

A Daddy's Girl

I know I'm a couple of hours late, but I hope that you all a great Father's Day. My day consisted of church, Perkins (yummm), work, and then Applebee's with my bestie. Applebee's was WILD. I don't think I've laughed that long in a long time. We had at least three tables starring back at us to see what we were laughing so hard about. We just couldn't help it. It was a good night!

Since today (well 2 hours ago it was at least) is Father's Day, I wanted my 30 days about me to include my relationship with my day.

30 Days About Me - Day 6: I am a daddy's girl.

I have always been very close to my dad. He has been there for me through everything and always would be if I needed help. He is the hardest worker you will ever meet and the smartest man I know. I look up to him and see qualities in him that make me realize that they are MUSTS in my future husband. All of which lie in my Marine [so thankful].

He's protective to the point where I know he cares, but not to the point where it makes me embarrassed. My favorite memory of him protecting me: taking out his shot gun and cleaning it while a guy that I was dating at the time was over at my house. haha. He guy was a jerk and he knew that and shortly after I recognized his jerk side as well. Dad's always know. That is one story that will never go forgotten. 

My favorite memory with my dad is one that I don't actually rememeber. It's one that I know of through a picture. The two of us are walking along a boardwalk in FL eating ice cream cones and my dad is holding my hand. It is the cutest thing.

My dad hasn't always made the best choices and grow up with a rough childhood, but he has made the strides to become a better person and through his actions you can see the progress that he has gained. That is another thing I love about my dad. The fact that he is not letting his past effect him, because he chooses to be a better person than the man who raised him.

It's not every day the I reflect on the things I love about my dad and I'm sure that this list could go on forever. It's something I should reflect on much more often though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails