Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Thank you to everyone who has decided to follow my blog [again]! To those who are new, welcome! :)

When I first started my blog, I had no idea that anyone would actually want to follow it. Once people started reading and being active, I started to freak out a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I loved it - nothing better than seeing someone comment your blog and know that people are out there listening, but that wasn't the reason why I started it in the first place. I started my blog to help me sort out things, to document my life, and to keep up with something instead of quiting a few days later. Once people started reading, I got freaked out about someone I know finding my blog and giving me a hard time for it. So one night, when I couldn't sleep, I made it private.

The past couple of weeks, I have been really missing blogging and being able to interact with fellow bloggy friends. I tried making other blogs to fill that need, but those blogs left me really uninterested. I decided one day to start a new blog and transfer all of my old posts to it, meanwhile, erasing all names and photos - this way I wouldn't be so freaked out and worried.

So long story short, I'm back and I have so much to share. :)  If you are new to my site, click the links on the right side of my blog to catch up! The links are to my most important posts that have a lot of background information. Have questions.. email me here: nikkien9@yahoo.com.

Here are some recent updates that happened while away...

1. I need surgery - you may remember that I fell a few months back while in the shower and was having a lot of health concerns. 3 MRI's and 2 C-Scans later, they found out that the numbing throughout my body was due to swelling in my neck and back. The pain in my back was from a buldging disk that I'm going to physical therapy for - it's nothing major. My headaches were caused by me worsening my TMJ when I hit my head while falling. The surgery - well that's for two pollups in my sinus cavities that they noticed while doing an MRI on my brain. Overall though, nothing major - just a bunch of minor things that are overall getting much better! Praise God!

2. Mister is still overseas. We are waiting for his orders, but they don't seem to be coming. We are assuming he'll be stationed overseas for another year. :( The longer his is there, the less of a chance that he'll have going to Afghanistan, a place I do not want him going!

3. We just finished our third deployment together! It was our longest one yet, but happened to go VERY good! This is the best dealt-with deployment so far! We are expecting our fourth to be coming up in the next few months. Unfortunately, he will be recieving hazardous pay for this one... you all know what that means... NOT A SAFE PLACE!!

4. Mister got his first tattoo! A few drinks, a whole lot of boredum, and money in the bank from just getting back = getting a tattoo apparently. haha. Thankfully it's not a stupid one! lol. He ended up getting his nickname on his arm right below his elbow. It's actually kind of cute. Surprise, surprise, he's already addicted and getting another either today or tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm going to have one tatted up Marine! That's fine with me though, I <3 them :) Besides, I got mine first so I can't really say much!

5. We're getting engaged soon :) Not soon as in a few weeks or even a couple of months. The man has to come home first! haha. But soon as in probably by the end of this year! It makes me so happy and proud to know that I will be with my Mister for the rest of my life. He really is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. I'm not sure what I would do without him and I'm glad to know that I won't ever have to find out!

That's all I have at the moment. I'll be writing again shortly! Thanks again for following :)

4 comments:

Kayla Sue said...

aw, I'm so glad I found your blog. I just turned twenty and don't usually find other girls my age involved with the military lifestyle! I look forward to reading more:)

A Marine's Wife! said...

I'm glad you're back! I've missed you!

Marissa said...

Yay! You're back!

Jordan said...

3 deployments?! you are one STRONG woman! By the way im a new follower and the blog is super cute :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails