Saturday, June 26, 2010

His Orders + Last Few Days

I'm sorry that I have been away for a little while. I have been so busy lately and last night when I finally got the time to write all I wanted to do was just lay down and watch tv - so I did! I just wanted to take a few minutes to catch you all up on everything.

Mister and I are really surprised about his orders. They kept telling him that nothing came through for anybody and then all of sudden someone showed up at the door telling him his orders were in. Like my last post said, he is being stationed at Pendleton in California. I'm pretty excited about it because now I'll be able to see where he's from (Mister was born in CA). I'm also terrified because that means he for sure is going to Afghanistan. We really aren't sure when though or for how long. We know that when he does go, he will be doing a lot of missions and barely be at base because of the unit he'll is in CA and because of his mos. This is sooo scary! However: He's been trained by the very best and I have faith in his training, in him, and in God that everything is going to be okay.


That's really all the information that I have about him coming home. I have a lot of thoughts, but I'll spare you all that for another day!

Since I have been so busy, I haven't had the time to post Day 10 or 11 so I will do that now (keeping it short) and then do todays as well!

30 Day Challenge: Day 10 - I like meeting new people
One of the reasons I love blogging so much is because its a great way to meet other people. I have met a few ladies on here who I have become actual friends with and I couldn't be happier about that -its something I definitely never thought would happen when I started this blog almost 11 months ago. I'm excited to make even more friends :)

30 Day Challenge: Day 11 - Catching up with old friends
Last night I spent some time talking with a girl that I haven't in a very, very long time. We had a falling out a few years back and basically ignored one another. It was really great seeing her and actually talking to her for the first time yesterday. We live very different lives and I know that we'll never be as close as we once were, but it was nice to be able to set aside all of the things in the past and just catch up.

30 Day Challenge: Day 12 - Scrapbooking
When I was a little girl, I always use to scrapbook with my bestfriend. Many years later and we're still doing it. We both have scrapbooks for just our relationship with our bf's and we are also starting one thats just of us two. I have known her for almost 18 years and she is just an amazing person and I'm so thankful and lucky to have her in my life.

Scrapbooking has become a great way to document my life with Mister. I have one completely done that is devoted soley to the two weeks that we spent together when we first met and am working on one that is devoted to the time that we've spent apart since those two weeks. I want to be able to keep everything organized so that whenever we want to look back at pictures we can easily pick up one of our scrapbooks, turn the page, and everything will be in order and organized.

4 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe that scrapbooking is fabulous! You will both cherish them so much.

Allie said...

I love scrapbooking too! I used to do it a lot more and I hope to do it again. When I graduated college my mom gave me two giant scrapbooks of my entire life. I treasure them, it was the best gift I ever could have gotten!

Maranda said...

I did one scrapbook once and I loved it but haven't done anymore. I bought some stuff recently and hope to get back into it. It's such an awesome memory keeper...much better than a plain boring photo album...

Katelyn.Christine said...

I've tried to get into scrapbooking before but I just do not have an ounce of creativity in my body! The last time I tried putting one together it was a disaster! I look at some other girls scrapbooks and they blow me away with how great they are!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails