Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm Like Fried Chicken + Day 16

So I'm not fried chicken, but I'm definitely fried from laying out in the sun for two hours today with my best friend. I should have been smarter and known better. Yesterday I layed out for 15 minutes and was starting to turn a little pink - can you even imagine what I look like right now? Let me tell you, ITS NOT PRETTY! I'm a LOBSTER and I HURT! Ok, enough of animals and my skins comparision to them...
It's time for day 16 of my 30 Days About Me segment and I'm starting to run low on ideas... I still have 14 more to go. YIX! No worries, I have a topic for today :)

30 Days of Me:  Day 16 - Favorite Quotes

I'm one of those people that really enjoys quotes. Sometimes I don't always know how to explain things in my life and then I'll come across a quote and it will just fit perfectly. I like that - a lot! Some of my favorite quotes that I have come across that I have related to in some are:

"Know what you're worth and don't settle for anything less." - I'm really, really big on this; self-worth that is. My friends always use to make fun of me, because I was always dating someone new, however shortly after a few dates, I realized that they were not what I was looking for and kicked to the curb. They either were heavy drinkers, did drugs, couldn't hold a conversation, had no sort of income, or they were just some guy that was a player - none of which I like. I am very old fashion. I like my chair pulled out for me and I like when a guy holds open the car door. Mister does all of these things and I've never had to even ask. He's just repectful like that. :)

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - I strive for this everyday. Obviously no love is perfect, except for God's love, but it doesn't mean that its not something one shouldn't strive for, because we all should.

"Every girl wants to be that one girl that changes that one guy." - When I first heard this it actually made me smile really big (probably not the reaction most would have to it). While dating Mister, I had no idea but he actually quite smoking for me, because I told him that I would never date a smoker - not knowing he was one himself [haha opps!]. When you find someone that is worth it, you'll want to be a better person for them. Kind of nice to know I was that girl. :)

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one, but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." - Marilyn Monroe - This is so true [in my opinion!]. If I had found this quote earlier, I would have it tattoo'd going down my side. I love it so much!

What are your favorite quotes?

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Do we share a brain?? Like for real those are actually all up there in my top quotes...love em!

Maranda said...

These are great! I love quotes as well. I have a small journal I bought specifically to keep my quotes in. Thanks for sharing these!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails