Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Minnesooooda! (DAY 1)

Like you may have read in my previous post, the next 30 days I will be posting a random fact about myself for you all to get to know me a little bit more and so we can see what I have in common with my readers! If you read one of my posts and are like "I'm the same!" I wanna know about it! So just simply post a comment and tell me so. Okay? Okay!

I know many bloggers have been doing the 30 Day Meme, but mine is going to be a little different. Same concept, just different posts. While I was looking through the 30 topics, I only could really come up with half of them. The rest I was drawing complete blanks. My mind tends to fail me a lot. Annnyways!

DAY ONE TOPIC: I’m very proud of my home state and all of the jokes that come with it!



If you haven't guessed it already by my title or the state picture of Minnesota, I'm from that lovely cold ass place [excuse my language] and I absolutely love it. I'm a very typical Minnesotan. My O's go on forever and for the life of me I cannot pronounce my T's. "You betcha" has slipped out of my mouth from time to time, along with "Oooo yaaa."

The winters here are miserable and even though I've lived here my whole life, I've never become use to the bitter cold. You can easily point someone out though as to whether or not they live here based on their clothing. If its 30- 40 degrees out, expect everyone from Minnesota to be in sweat shirts and long pants. That's a heaven sent day during the winter time! During the summer its beyond humid here which my hair tends to suffer greatly from. I could spend a half hour straighten it only to walk out side and see it curl before my eyes.

Did I mention I call pop, "pop". It is not soda people! :)

You might be asking yourself why would I love it so much if from me living here I have a speech impediment and am either freezing my little butt off or dying from the heat...

Well let me tell you! Every year, the first snow makes me jump up and down like a little girl. Minnesota become a white wonderland and is absolutely beautiful. Christmas usually ALWAYS has snow on the ground, therefore, it just isn't Christmas without it! There are lakes everywhere which never brings a disappointment in the fun area. Fishing, boating, tubing, tanning, you name it, the lakes deliever! The country part of this place I call home is way better than being in the cities. You can get away with anything and everything and always have a good time [I did not just say that... okay, yes I did!]. And gosh darnit, I like my speech impediment! The north shore is my favorite place in the world. Nothing beats camping there and even though Lake Superior is about 30 degrees year round, its always a rush jumping in! I like being different from other states and most of all, I like the fact that I'm a proud home state girl! Goooo Vikings!!!

4 comments:

A Marine's Wife! said...

oh no. it's totally soda! i haaaaate when people call it pop!

Mommyof2girlz said...

Hi Nikkie very nice to meet you. I saw you popped by my blog and wanted to return the favor. Have a wonderful day :)

K said...

Hey Nikkie, Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm a midwesterner too, from North Dakota doncha knooow :) And I can't immagine a better place then the midwest either.

Mel said...

Yeah for Minnesota! I was born and raised here also and I really wouldn't have it any other way. My boyfriend is from a small farm town in south-west Minnesota, but I'm from the city. Raised on the NW side of Minneapolis, but currently living in St. Paul. So great to meet another down-home midwest girl!

Can't wait to get to know you more!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails