Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mister's Birthday

Yesterday was Mister's birthday. I hated not having him around. I really wish that he was home so that I could have celebrated with him and be with him on his big day. Since it was the 30th in Japan meanwhile the 29th here, i ended up sending his birthday present on the 29th. Since he is deployed still to Ie Shima, I wasn't able to send him a package or anything. Instead I made him a birthday video message. It turned out really good. He liked it a lot :)

Here's what happened in the video: At first I was just talking to him normally. I wanted him to think that his birthday gift was just seeing a video of me. Well then I told him I had a surprise, so I leaned out of the video and came back into the video view with a party hat on and a noise maker while screaming, "Happy birthday!"

Then I told him I had another little surprise in which I picked up a cupcake that I made with a candle in it and lite it. I then sang him happy birthday. It was real cute if I do say so myself :) For a gift, I bought him a birthday card and wrote him a long letter, both of which I read to him.

I know it may not sound extravegant, but it was the best I could do and I'm happy about it. I think it was a great way to celebrate his birthday while thousands of miles away :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails