Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


30 Days of Me: Day 9 - I love photography

You made have read in my post "Where The HECK Is A Towel????"  that I took photography for a few semesters and I must say I absolutely loved it! There is something about a picture that completely captivates me. For a long time I considered being a photographer in the military, but was just to scared to sign up. I think I'll leave that job to Mister and instead be his biggest fan and cheerleader!

I know this is a short post, but I'll end it with some pictures that I have fallen in love with...


My goodness I can't wait to have my homecoming! Hopefully only a few more months.


Who could forget this picture... read the story behind it here.


I love the story of this picture... if you don't know it, you can find it here.

I know there seems to be a theme here... all military pictures, but I have to add this one as well:


Remind me to buy this poster. I need it in my room now!

4 comments:

Small Burst said...

I love photography too. There is something about a really good picture that can captivate the moment and elicit some sort of emotion or reaction. I've been through the whole deployment deal too and I feel your pain. The best part is the homecoming!

Allie said...

I love photography as well. We have the Iwo picture framed and hanging in our living room. Also, did you hear the woman in the kissing picture passed away this week? She was 91!

naomichronicles said...

I used to have the WW2 kissing photo hanging in my room back when I was single and have been wanting to get an Audrey Hepburn one since she's one of my favorite actresses. :)

~Naomi

Maranda said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog. I found it through "In the Military and On the Move." I love all these pictures. I'm so sad that Edith Shain died recently. Such a historical moment captured in time by a camera. Awesome! I'm beginning to become pretty obsessed with photography and hope to take a class or two soon.

I also super duper love Audrey Hepburn!! And Breakfast at Tiffany's especially!!

I like your blog so far and I hope you don't mind me popping in from time to time. :-) Have a great weekend!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails