Friday, June 18, 2010

The Strength of Little Miss Independent

It's day three of my 30 Day's About Me Challenge. So far I've shared that I love my home state and my biggest pet peeve. Today I'm going to share with you a piece of my personality.

30 Days of Me - Day 3: I'm a strong, independent girl.

I have been like this since I can remember and it's one thing that makes Mister and I very different. It's also the thing that I think helps me deal with the distance. I love affection and attention from my Marine [obviously] but I don't need it constantly. I like having time by myself every day. If I didn't have that time I think I would go crazy. He on the other hand loves to be around people 24/7. He can't stand time by himself. This is something I'm interested in seeing play out once we live with each other haha.

I like the idea of being my own person and making my own money. I don't remember the last time I've asked my parents [or anyone else for that matter] for some cash to help pay the bills. I'm thankful that I have the ability to pay for my college, car payments, and everyday things all by myself. The only kind of shopping I usually do, is window shopping. If I don't have the money, I won't buy something. If it means I have to stay home for a week [other than going to work/school] in order to pay a bill by myslef, I'll do it. I'm actually happy to know that when Mister's contract is up that he will need me to work. I couldn't imagine my life [right now at least] being a stay at home wife. There is obviously nothing wrong with it, I just would be so dang bored. I would need to contribute to making money SOMEHOW.

I believe a lot of this derives from my mom - she is a very independent women. She has taught me strength and to never let yourself settle for anything. My favorite quote, "Know what you're worth and don't settle for anything less." My mom has been inspiration to me to know that every women deserves the best and to never let a man mistreat you.

That being said, it doesn't mean I've never been mistreated. I believe every women has in some way. The important thing is to get yourself out of the situation. After being mistreated I have always left- not to say it wasn't difficult at times. When I first started dating I was in some very bad relationships. I've been emotionally and physically abused by guys and I was almost sexually assualted by a old friend, but somehow I found the strength [through God] to keep him off. I have been physically cheated on by every relationship except one and was emotionally cheated on [what kind of man tells his ex he loves her while having gone out with you for a year??] by another. My biggest lesson learned: having been engaged to a loser who treated me like a peice of trash. In each experience, I left. Even though it was hard to get through at the time, the experiences made me stronger as a woman and I'm actually thankful for them. They've helped shape me into the strong, independent person I am today.


Okay, so I rambled a little bit... another part of my personality haha.

1 comments:

Mr Monkey said...

I'm a new follower of friendly Friday follow, please follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails