Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yummy, Yummy, In My Tummy!

Sorry I'm almost an hour late! I have yet to do my 30 Day Challenge for Saturday. It has been a crazy crazy day! Hopefully tomorrow I will get the chance to sit down and tell you about it. I have to make this real quick though because Mister and I are about to have a Skype movie date night :] Yes, he's back to being my pooh bear and I'm back to being his boo bear and all is well with us. Last night just wasn't a good night and I'm sure many bad nights will come again in the future. Oh and no worries, his package is somewhere on its way to Japan!

Now, lets get to the point for this post:

30 Days of Me - Day 5: I LOVE to cook!

Ever since I was little, I can remember setting up ingredients on the kitchen counter like you would see on a cooking show and pretend I was the star of my very own Food Network show. My favorite recipe to make when I was a little one was a cake. It was no average cake however. The cake was made of flour and water. To cook the cake I would put the "batter" into a microwavable bowl and put it into the microwave until it was all done! Then, for the frosting I would grab anything that looked brown and resembled chocolate frosting is some way and pour it over the top. Last, but DEFINITELY not least, I would sprinkle the top of the "cake" with some sprinkles that were left over from Christmas cookies. In my eyes... I was making a mater peice! No worries.. I never actually attempted to eat the cake...at least not that I rememeber!

Not much has changed since then. I still try to cook from time to time, but am absolutely horrible. I would love to take cooking lessons one day so that I can be a great cook for my Marine. He needs to have a wife that can feed him properly. Afterall, they do say, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"

I plan on cooking for Mister [shhh.. its a surpise!] once he comes back home for leave [whenever the heck that is!]. Hopefully by then I will have become better in the kitchen area. Funny how you can absolutely love something, yet be so horrible. Lets hope the saying, "Practice makes perfect!" is true in this case :)

2 comments:

Kayla Sue said...

I'm a terrible cook! But, I want to get better, and that's what counts, right? :)

naomichronicles said...

I've been getting back into cooking since last summer and love it. Have you watched "Julie and Julia" yet?

~Naomi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails