Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 20-24 AKA Yeah I Suck

I know I have been horrible with keeping up on my 30 Day About Me Challenge. Right now I would grade myself a big fat F, but I figure I could possibly redeem myself a little bit and at least finish!

30 Days of Me: Day 20 - Save every penny
I'm all about saving money. This is where Mister and I differ greatly. I'm not even finished with college yet and I'm already starting to put away money for when I retire - at least trying to. I am always looking for great deals and hardly ever buy anything that's not on sale or that I don't have a coupon for.

30 Days of Me: Day 21 -  Getting a deal
This goes along with saving money, but I must say the feeling of scoring an awesome deal pretty much rocks. The other day I went to Goodwill with my bestie and I scored a really great BRAND NEW night stand that was still in it's box. Get this - it was from Target and was orginally $60.00. I paid $30 :) Apparently, Target and Walmart sends items to Goodwill and the local Salvation Store. Ever since I have become aware of this great and wonderful thing they do, I have found 3 scarfs from Target - new with tag,  my night stand - brand new, and also a cute pair of shorts that were also new with tag. I figure my total if I went to Target would have been about $130. I spent: $45. Go me!!!

Days of Me: Day 23 - DIY's
I love do it yourself items. Most of the time they're inexpensive and a lot of fun. I have yet to do many DIY things, but once I get my own home I know that I will be unstoppable. I found the cutest key holder rack and some really cute DIY chairs that I can't wait to do. If only I had the room at the moment.

I already warned Mister that our wedding will be very DIY, but done in a way that no one would know it was. I can't wait!

Days of Me: Day 24 - I love sports
I am always the girl screaming at the tv when a game isn't going my way and the first one jumping up and down when my team scored. The Vikings are my favorite team and you'll see me sporting my Brett Favre jersey every game day.

Favorite sports: football, hockey, baseball, and ufc fighting :)

2 comments:

Maranda said...

I love football! What a great game!!

I don't think it's ever too early to start planning for your future. A little bit now will go a long way. If you wait too long then you have to put larger chunks away whereas now a little bit will do. Good for you for thinking ahead!

I wish I could do DIY stuff. I love the idea of it but never seem to have the time

Katelyn.Christine said...

My wedding is definitely going to have DIY in it! It will save us so much money!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails