Friday, July 9, 2010

Hate Saying Goodbye

Mister and I just got off Skype. We said our bye's since I won't have any phone or Internet service in Colorado, because of where I'll be - in the mountains.  This is actually the longest we'll go without having any form of communication. I felt pathetic as I wiped tears from my eyes while on Skype, because I kept thinking about how long I know some of you all have gone. The fact is him and I have been very lucky. Three deployments down and during them we at least were able to email a couple times a week and hear from each other that way. I think I just need to suck it up and get over it.

Earlier today I did some shopping for clothes for my trip. I know, talk about waiting until the last minute. I am known for this! Get this: I bought 2 pairs of shorts, 2 t-shirts, 1 tank top, and a pair of shoes for $50! I love deals :) Old navy has some awesome ones along with Charlotte Russe - just a heads up in case any of you shop at either of those stores.

30 Days of Me: Day 25 - I have never had a pedicure

Yup, that's right. Never. I don't like people touching my feet first off, but also because I just don't have the extra money around to let someone paint them when I can easily do it myself. The only reason why the title of this doesn't say, "I have never had a pedicure or a manicure," is because I had my nails done for prom back in 10th grade. I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain and I hated having to take the fake nail off so I just said forget it - not worth the money or pain. Once Mister comes home though, I'll treat myself to get both a pedicure and manicure done. In a few months I will no longer be a pedi-virgin :)

6 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

No way!!!! That is insanely awesome swag for cheap! I hope you have a FABULOUS time in CO.

Elizabeth and Patrick said...

Its never goodbye, Its See you later :) You've never had a pedi ... you are in for a treat!

KelseyC said...

Haha glad you will be able to join the pedicure club! One of my friends is like this and she swears she'll never ever get one. Have fun on your trip!

annoyed army wife said...

I don't like pedicures either. Last time I went the little guy cut my toe with a pumice stone, not to scare you or anything. They usually aren't too bad. :)

Dave and Ashley said...

I am the same way about pedicures! People do not touch my feet!

Boots in the Doorway said...

Cheer up girl!! I am spoiled because I am able to talk to hubby everyday and it would be hard if I didn't. Not that I cannot handle things but because i really enjoy hearing from him then I know he is safe.

Hope you have fun in the mountains. I MISS mountains

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails