Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hello Again, I'm Back!

Our plane landed late last night. What a wild ride was that. We were supposed to leave at seven pm, but our flight didn’t take off until 7:45. Then as we got close to MN, our pilot came on the speaker telling us the Minneapolis airport was shut down for twenty minutes as bad storms were going through so we had to circle up above while waiting. The storm was so crazy! We sat close up front so it was easy to see the plane start going into the storm. Blue skies behind, pitch black and some devil looking clouds ahead. As we flew into the lightening it was so beyond awesome, yet really quite scary as well. The lady next to me and I were talking about how it felt like we were in a movie – and not one of them that ends good. The turbulence wasn’t too bad, although I like to think the reason for that is because I closed my eyes and prayed God would place his hands on the wings and land us safely on the ground. He did just that! When my landed and went out to see my aunt who was picking us up, she told us she had never seen the sky the way she saw it that night. Bow arrowed and pitch black with major rotation that later turned into green then orange, then a beautiful sunset. Who would’ve thought!


Enough with the plane though, the trip went really well! It was really nice to get away. We stayed at a ranch right in the mountains. It was absolutely beautiful. The weather was perfect; high seventies and sunny. We traveled A LOT. In a week we managed to go to Colorado Springs, Aspen, Breckenridge, Denver, Fort Collins, Estes Park, and a couple other places, but I forget their names. My favorite place was Breckenridge and Fort Collins. No worries, I’ll show you pictures very shortly.

Thank you for all of the comments! It was great signing in and seeing them all. Definitely put a smile on my face. I’m glad you liked the posts that I had scheduled – I’m sorry there weren’t more! I was kind of short with time. I will finish my last 30 Days of Me post later on today so be sure to watch out for it!

Thanks again bloggy friends! I’m happy to be back to posting :)

3 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe I'm so glad you were SAFE and had fun!! PICTURES!!

I Am a Marine's Girl said...

That sounds amazingly fun!

naomichronicles said...

Glad you had a great trip and made it back safely! I'm looking forward to seeing photos! :o)

~Naomi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails