Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Dispise Packing

I am leaving for Colorado in a couple of days. I will be gone for about a week. I will still be blogging due to the awesome ability of being able to schedule posts, however, I'm not sure if I'll have one for every day that I'm gone - a whopping week. Did I mention that I won't be able to talk to my Marine while I'm gone? Bahhh Humbug! This does not make me a happy camper. I suppose I should be use to it by now [not being able to talk to him a lot], but I don't think it's something I ever will be fully use to - just something I [along with others in a military or long distance relationship] have to deal with.

I have started washing all of my clothes. I surprised myself with how many clothes I really do have. Funny thing is, I still feel like I don't have anything I really need. I need more bras, a few tube tops, a couple pair of jeans, a couple new tank tops, along with a cute summer dress. I have one skirt and only a couple of jeans that I actually wear. I lack in all of the areas above. So what the heck do I have? Just a bunch of random clothes most of which I don't even wear anymore. I think a trip to Goodwill is in order when I come back!

The first thing I packed was Mister's sweatpants. If I left without those, I would feel like I left home a peice of me. If I can't talk to my Mister before I go to bed, I better be in those sweat pants of his and gosh darnit - I will be! I ended up unpacking them however, because I realized I still have two more days until I leave and therefore I have two more nights in which I need to wear them. Besides, they'll be nice and comfy for the airplane ride :) I still have to figure out a way to get my huge red Marine's blanket to fit in my suitecase. I have slept wrapped up in it everyday for the past 7 months. I don't feel like breaking that wonderful streak of mine. Nope... not doing it!

Speaking of airplane rides - I am terrified of them. The last time I was on a plane we hit bad turbulence and everyone got silent except for the kid that screamed, "We're all going to die!" I do remember hearing gasps from the other passengers and the air was filled with a tension that made me realize that I was not the only one holding onto my arm rests for dear life. After the plane was done apparently dropping a couple of thousand feet, I remember looking over to my dad hoping he'd tell me that what we experienced was normal, but instead he told me that the woman next to him has been flying all of her life due to her job and that even she said she's never felt any kind of turbulence that even came close to that. Thanks... I am forever scared.  I am hoping that my flight to Colorado will be smooth and relieve me from my fear. Fingers tightly crossed! XX

Back to packing I go.

2 comments:

Busy Working Mama said...

I despise it, too. Hope all goes well!

Brianne said...

Good Luck with the packing. I hate it as well. Enjoy Colorado though. I went last summer and its currently my favorite place in the world.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails