Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm Going to Burn This Place Down!!!

Today has been such an interesting day. While making tortillas I stepped away to let the dog out (mistake #1) and all of a sudden I come back to a smoky kitchen and one burnt tortilla. Soon after, smoke alarm is blaring (ears are now hurting) and I'm running around like a crazy lady trying to open up some windows to let the smoke out. I turned off the burner (this probably should have been my first step) and examine my mess. The top looked great - the bottom, black and crispy! If the dog wouldn't have taken so long to pee, I would have not been in the situation. Gosh, I suck at cooking! I couldn't stop laughing though at my 10 year old puppy as she stared at the smoke alarm tilting her head from side to side wondering why it was being so loud. She cracks me up!

In a few hours I'll be meeting up with a USMC Gal that lives only ten minutes away from me. I am so beyond excited! Not only do I get to chat with an awesome girl, but I also get my favorite drink at Caribou Coffee. Oh yummminess! We're meeting up at five and I keep looking at the clock hoping it would go by faster! It is not following orders. Hmm... :(

Can't wait to see what the rest of the day has to bring :)

3 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

It sounds like a fabulous day!!

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

I love homemade tortillas. Well, the non-burnt kind. =P It does sound like you had an awesome day!

KelseyC said...

Ooooh I love Caribou Coffee. It's so tasty. And I'm just like you---can't cook at all *sometimes*. My smoke alarm and I are best friends.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails