Thursday, July 8, 2010

Less Than 210 Times in 2555 Days

Lt. Gen. McChrystal and wife Annie McChrystal
picture found here

By the time Mister is finally home, it will have been 14 months that we've been together with only two weeks of that time physically with one another. It definitely hasn't been a walk in the park, but Skype has made it easier. In fact, without Skype, we wouldn't be with each other - it's as simple as that. Thankfully, I won't have to deal with seperation for six more years, but there is someone worth mentioning that has - Mrs. McChrystal, Lt. Gen. McChrystal's wife...

When I first read the article, The Runaway General, I wasn't really sure what to expect. To be completely honest, I was getting tired of reading [short attention span and horrible reading comprehension] until I came across a part that grasped my attention. Did you know that for the past seven years, Mrs. McChrystal has seen her husband less than 30 days a year? That means in 2555 days, she has seen him less than 210 days.

Mouth open.. jaw basically to ground... I find my hands clapping all of a sudden... she deserves a round of applause!

For me to take on a peice of her task - I won't even begin with media and all of the other things being a Generals wife would include in [mainly because I have no idea] - that would mean I would have to endure six more years of what I am doing. Thank you Jesus that I don't, but holy buckets batman, that's a long time from being away from your man! She is one strong woman!

I think we all should be thankful for that time we do get to spend with our loved one, because in the military life, you never really know how long it's going to be until the next time. For those who are higher-ups, sometimes it may be a lot longer than a seven month or year long deployment.

6 comments:

KelseyC said...

That's insane!! She is one tough lady. I completely respect her for standing by her man!

Mrs. Gambizzle said...

Wow that is a lot makes it seem like the times we're apart are tiny in comparison :)

K said...

great post, def puts things into perspective. She is an awesome woman, so sweet and upbeat all the time. I met her when my husband was ni the hospital. She makes regular visits to wounded warriors :)

Elizabeth and Patrick said...

Wow thats perspective!! haha .. thank you for sharing!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

She really does deserve a round of applause. She is incredible. Great perspective!

citymouse said...

That's crazy! I would be miserable. I think people don't always realize the sacrifices that are made by our soldiers and their families. My son is in the Army. I've gotten to see him twice in the past year and now he's in Iraq... who knows when I'll see him next. Thanks for sharing this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails