Monday, July 26, 2010

More Sad News + Update

I just feel like this week has been nothing but hard news. I found out last night that one of my graduating classmates took his own life. I went to school with him my whole life and to know that he's gone is just hard and odd to think about. Although him and I weren't very close, it's impossible to not feel sadness. After high school he joined the Marines and was based in New Orleans. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends during this hard time...

As far as the Marine who has been captured - I talked to his fiance yesterday. I gave her the URL to my post about her Marine and she is so very appreciative of all of your prayers and thoughts - please keep them coming! I will continue to pass along any words of encouragement and prayers to her (she is definitely in need of both!).

I want to say thank you as well for reaching out to her by leaving a comment. It means a lot to me to see that we're all here for each other. So thank you again, everyone!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

oh how heart breaking! both the news. praying much for both, the family of the deceased and the beloved fiancee of the captured marine.
Underneath His Wrapping

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear this. even though none of us knew him, I personally feel bad that any of his loved ones must live without him now. We are all here for eachother in any time of need. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He will be missed.

Maranda said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about both of these issues. You and these poor families are in my thoughts!

naomichronicles said...

Both families are in my thoughts! Does she have a blog?


~Naomi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails