Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So Long, Insecurities

I want to firstly say hello to all of my new followers! I hope you are enjoying my blog [sorry I've been MIA lately] and hopefully you've had the chance to catch up on my blog by using links at the top right corner -> they'll help!

The past few days I have found myself consumed with a new book that I was introduced to by my church. It's called "So Long, Insecurity" and is by Beth Moore. I have long battled insecurities with weight, self-esteem, change and rejection. It's sick though - everything that we all put on ourselves and the things we carry along with us. I'm tired of living this way and I refuse to be a vitcim to the things life throws my way.

According to Moore's book...

"Insecurity refers to a profound sense of self-doubt -- a deep feeling of uncertainty about our basic worth and our place in the world. Insecurity is associated with chronic self-consciousness, along with a chronic (at least three months) lack of confidence in ourselves and anxiety about our relationships. The insecure man or women lives in constant fear of rejection and a deep uncertainty  about whether his or her own feelings and desires are legitamate.

The insecure person also harbors unrealistic expectations about love and relationships. These expectations, for themselves and for others, are often unconscious. The insecure person creates a situation in which being disappointed and hurt in relationships its almost inevitable. Ironically, although insecure people are easily and frequently hurt, they are usually unaware of how they are unwitting accomplices in creating their own misery."

I can't relate to every single part of the description, neither may you, but there are things in that description that jumps out me and bites me in the butt, meanwhile screaming, "WAKE UP!" Where did we as women start looking down on ourselves and try to find happiness in other areas that do not fill the insecurities that we face? My biggest wonder: who determines what a beautiful weight looks like and more importantly, will I ever be okay with mine? In God's eyes, we are all beautiful - why can't we accept this fact for ourselves?

I refuse to throw myself a pity party any longer and start facing issues head on. I'm looking at this book to help reveal things that I have not noticed [and boy is it doing its job!] and turn to God to help me heal these problems and put them to rest. Enough is enough. We are all insecure in some way and in Beth Moore's words, "its time to say goodbye to this bad friend."

I'm ready to kick some insecurity butt and I hope that you'll pick up a copy of the the book and join me!

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

sounds like a book that I might need to read. I have been struggling with these same insecurities and issues lately. So thanks!

Amy Walker said...

I love Beth Moore! This is really good...I need to look into it! I'm your latest follower!
Amy @ www.thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Go YOU!!!

Maranda said...

Insecurity is awful. I agree, when did girls and women start getting so down on themselves. I think every person is beautiful. I should check out this book. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails