Monday, August 2, 2010

Already Feeling the Stress!!!

For some reason tonight I sat down and started looking at information on degrees at the community college that I go to. For the past two years I've been working on getting generals done. It's taken me a little longer than I expected, but I'll be done with my 64 credits by the end of this year. Heres the thing... I still have no idea what I want to do!!

I have thought about going to school for journalism, but every one I've talked to said its hard to find a job these days in the field. Then I thought about getting a business degree, but I don't want to transfer to a college to get my four year degree and then find out I don't want to finish. So then I wonder, well maybe I should just get a two year (nonaccredited) business degree at my community college, but is a (nonaccredited) two year business degree enough these days? BLAAHHH!

I was all set for this coming semester and now I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Instead of sleeping in tomorrow, I'm going to head to see an advisor before I head to work to try to figure out what's the best path for me. *Stopping to breathe for a second....*

I'm stressed out now. There is one thing I hate about growing up: having to choose your career - its a lot harder than its made up to be!

4 comments:

Charity said...

I agree 100%! My mom and I were just talking about this yesterday.

Brianne said...

I completely understand. I am 3 years in with 2 years left of completing my teaching degree. Why? Because it's what I've always wanted to do. But now that reality is right around the corner I'm not so sure but have no idea of what I really want to do.

Neidy said...

This actually reminds me of what I went through when choosing a major. I was DEAD set on becoming an industrial designer (it wasn't what God wanted...as hard as I tried i got Cs in classes...and I had 4.0 in high school.)

In the end and moral of the story, I became a film major, I'm excelling in classes even though it doesn't sound *wise* (as my mother put it). God will lead you to do whatever he wants you to do, and while it may be stressful now, you'll soon be doing something that you absolutely love and what God wants you to do! :) Good luck and God bless!

KelseyC said...

If only it was as easy as it was when you were little...I want to be a firefighter, I want to be a chef, I want to be a ____. I couldn't decide what I wanted to be either, so I just chose business. It was the best decision for me and it's worked out great. I'm sure you'll find something awesome. I'm sorry it's a bit stressful right now, but I promise it'll work out! Sending some calm vibes your way. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails