Thursday, August 5, 2010

Icing, Potato Chips, and Popcorn, OH MY!


I just got done working out a little bit ago. After the inital shock of, "Oh my gosh, I think I'm going to pass out," I felt pretty good about myself. I have been really trying to make a habit of working out everyday. So far, I'm doing good. A 3 mile bike ride one day, a workout cd the next, I'm proud of myself!

What I'm not proud of though is what happens AFTER I work out.  Here is an example of what usually happens:

Tonight after working out I had a spoonful of icing (it was left over from cupcakes my mom made the other day), a handful (or two - I'm not telling which) of potato chips, and a few pieces of popcorn that my brother didn't want. Why the heck couldn't I grab some fruit, make myself a salad, or simply just eat something healthy? Instead I go for the "easy to grab" foods that take about two seconds and taste delicious. What's the point of working my butt off if I'm going to just make more room for fatty foods?

I would love to sit here and blame my parents for the food in the house, but its my own fault. No blaming other people for something that I can change. I put the food in my mouth. I have a paycheck - I can go pick up more healthy things for myself. Infact, thats exactly what I'm about to do after this post!

Blah, silly me!

**I should add that I went and saw an advisor at school today and got my schedule all figured out. It looks like I'll be graduating with my two year degree this spring!!! :)

6 comments:

Maranda said...

Yay!! Congrats on the working out and the degree thing!

I know how hard it is to keep yourself from stuffing your face...believe me. You have to figure out why you are grabbing the wrong foods. Or maybe, if you know that you want something quick and easy, set out something healthy BEFORE you workout so you can see it first thing sitting next to the unhealthy stuff. Maybe it will entice you to grab healthy if it's staring you in the face.

It's Something Beautiful said...

That's a really great idea about preparing something healthy before hand - why didn't I think of that before? Haha Thank you so much for commenting :)

KelseyC said...

Yay on graduating soon! I'm in the same boat as you. :) And check out the healthy food aisle in the store...I'll admit, some of the stuff there tastes like cardboard. But other foods you can't even tell the difference!

It's Something Beautiful said...

KelseyC - While taking a stroll down the healthy food aisles, I was happy to find some new things that I haven't tried before but are good for you. This is excites me haha. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't buy any "tastes like cardboard" foods. :)

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Oh man haha you sound like me!

naomichronicles said...

Congrats on school! I've found that I'm the same way if I work out in the afternoon. If I workout in the morning then I'm pretty good about eating right for the rest of the day. I ditto the having healthy food ready after the workout, it helps! :)

~Naomi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails