Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Marine, Japan, and the Ball!

Things with my Marine have been amazing these past few weeks. In fact, I can’t remember our last argument and lately it seems like instead of bottling things up until they become a bigger problem, we talk about what we’re feeling and what’s going on in our heads right away.

This has always been my biggest problem – not speaking up; not saying what’s on my mind. It’s better to keep my mouth shut about what I’m thinking, because otherwise a fight will just come about, right? Oh how wrong I’ve been for so many years.

My first relationship was torn apart because I didn’t speak up and you would have thought that I would have learned from that. I wanted to learn, but I was never given a great guy (until now) to be able to communicate with. Maybe it’s something that has taken me a while but at least I’m learning and improving! That’s all someone can do.

As far as Japan goes – he’s still there… He should be back in the states in November though! I can’t wait! Unfortunately, he won’t be back in time for his new unit’s ball so this will be year two of no ball for me. Hopefully next year! I already have a dress that I want to wear so I better have the chance to go. I’ll post it shortly :)

5 comments:

Neidy said...

Do you think you'll be able to go to the one in January? That's the one we're planning on going to since he'll be deployed when the real birthday bash is :) But I'm glad things are going well! And trust me...I have the same bottling up issue too :)

It's Something Beautiful said...

He has a friend that is based at Pendleton, so if we can make it to his ball then we would probably go, otherwise we'll just wait until next year.

Jen said...

Yay for him being back in November! Bummer for not being able to attend the ball.

Jessica said...

I am so guilty of bottling things up...so not a good thing for me to do

So glad your Marine will be back in Nov!

The Sometimes Single Mom said...

No bueno on not going to the ball :( They're so fun!

And yay for him coming home in november! =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails