Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Yearly Check Up From Hell!

Note: This may pop images into your head and I'm sorry if that happens. Also, this post contains probably waay too much information that you ever wanted to know. Don't say I didn't warn you!

A couple of days ago I went in for my yearly check up. I was a little nervous, but I've had one done before, so I wasn't all that worried. They suck, but its only a couple of minutes and then life moves on. Well I get there, I am asked a few questions and then I am asked if a new assistant could be present for my exam. I really wasn't all thrilled about it, but I said sure - thinking what's one more person right?

Well both the doctor and assistant come in and both ladies are super nice. We're talking about birth control types and when that talk is all done they tell me to lay back for the breast exam. That was fine. Awkward, but fine. Then, things started getting bad...

The assistant inserts the metal peice (sorry if image pops in your head - it sure just happened to me!). Horrible pain begins, face scrunched - what is she doing to me!?!?! She must have inserted it at the wrong angle because wow did it hurt.

Then they start pooking around. Now, here I was thinking the assistant was just going to watch so the fact that she inserted the peice in me was a little odd. Oh no! Was I wrong - what ever the doctor did to me, the assistant repeated. I was double examined! Not to mention Mister has been away for 9 months now and that means no action for this girl and before he was home it had been almost a year... do you get the point that I'm trying to make without being disgusting?! One word: ow.

After the pap smear the doctor tells me, "You might feel a little pressure..." You consider that to be a little bit of pressure? I let out a yelp and my leg twitched and I closed my eyes real tight as she pooked around at some things. What the heck were these ladies doing to me!? My first exam was never that bad and it never hurt that much. I can honestly say that I will ever go back to her ever again and that my poor va-jay-jay was abused that day.

Long story short - my exam was painful, embarrassing, and done not once, but twice. Thank goodness it is over with!

3 comments:

Maranda said...

Yikes! That does not sound fun at all! I'm sorry you had to go through that! You should have said something though because that assistant needs to know she did things wrong. That sucks hon!

mom2ahrj said...

eeeewww...and oooowwww! just what i needed to read since my yearly is coming up next week! lol! so sorry you had a bad experience :-(

Neidy said...

You're right: OW!!!! :( Hopefully next year will be better!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails