Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Stories + Something Beautiful

It looks as though I will be doing two features on Sundays from now on. I have my usual Beautiful Moments where I talk about something that I'm thankful for in the last week and now I'm going to start Sunday Stories which The Annoyed Army Wife came up with. Make sure you go check her out - she's awesome! You can start doing Sunday Stories and tag along at her blog - do it - I know you want to :)

Where to start...

How about the beginning? Can I just warn you that this may sound absolutely cheesy and that as weeks go on, IT WILL GET BETTER - at least I think so! :)

It was about three years ago when I was at a time in my life that all I wanted was someone to talk to. I wasn't looking for a relationship or someone to date. I just wanted a good conversation and some company. I have always been a big talker and a deep thinker.

One day I signed on to Facebook and noticed a message from some cute guy. I didn't know who he was, but I did notice he had some mutual friends (oh how silly this makes me feel as I type this!).  He asked if it was ok if we got to know each other and I said that was fine, but deep down I was hesitant. Who is this guy? Why does he want to talk to me?

We got to talking and some how along the way going ice skating was brought up. We talked about going, but my hesitance of meeting up with someone I didn't even know kept me back. Besides, I had never skated before and the last thing I needed was to make myself look like a complete fool, especially infront of a cute guy.

This is where things get fuzzy... if you talk to me, I'll tell you that we stopped talking because we simply just lost touch. If you talk to Mister, he'll tell you that we stopped talking because he told me that he was a Marine. I can't imagine myself turning down a cute guy in a uniform, but Mister insists that's what happened.

To find out how things went from us losing touch to us now talking about marriage, stay tuned for Sunday Stories next week! :)

And now... this weeks Beautiful Moment!
If you didn't know - my brother ended up moving a couple weeks to Oklahoma. It was incredibly hard for me to say, "See you later," to him. He moved down there with no job which was something that we all were worried about, but left in God's hands. I'm happy to say that this week he was offered a job and gladly accepted it! It's nothing much, but he is getting some source of income and is meeting a lot of new people. I'm so proud of him and so happy that things are falling into place. He deserves it! 

Beautiful moment: Wonderful things happening for my brother!

4 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Awe I can't wait for the rest!

annoyed army wife said...

What a cute story! I can't wait to hear more! Thanks for linking up!

Maranda said...

Don't feel silly about the Facebook thing. A lot of people meet online. I have had 2 boyfriends from meeting online. Thanks for sharing!

And congrats to your brother!

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails