Friday, August 20, 2010

This is NOT For You!

Today I received my Brazil Butt Lift workout through Beachbody in the mail. I was so excited and in awe of the many booties it showed all over the CD package. I kept thinking, “This is what my butt is going to look like when I’m done with this video!” I showed Mister, he got a little smirk on his face. I don't blame him though. They were very nice looking butts. Anyways...

,
Halfway through the video my thinking changed, “Why in the world am I doing this right now – this video is going to kill me!” I never realized getting your butt in shape was so much work. My legs hurt, my knees are sore (oppsies!), and my butt is numb. I can’t complain though, because that only means one thing: its working!

After the workout I got into the shower and just stood there thinking. I realized something. You know how people always say that when someone decides to quick using drugs: that they have to make the change in their life for themselves. Well, working out is the same thing.

This is not for my exboyfriend’s who picked apart my body and told me what wasn’t right about it. This is not for the comments by other girls who have said my body is “sickly”. And this is not for the stares (no matter what the reason for the stare was) that made me feel like they must be picking out the parts of my body that they think I need to change.

This isn’t for them. It’s for me. I want to be healthier, live a better life, and be happy with myself so that I can finally be a secure person. I want to prove to myself that I can actually finish something that I started. Today was my starting date and I’m excited to see my transformation at the very end.

At the end of my daily post, I’ll do a recap of my day’s workout. To watch my progress, click on the fitness tab at the top of my blog.

Day One: Brazil Butt Lift:

I could barely do a lot of the moves. I wasn’t able to keep up with everyone else in the video and I have realized that my balance completely sucks. My legs hurt, my knees are a little sore and I forgot to squeeze my boom-boom (what the video calls the “butt”) during most of the exercise moves. I must remember to do better at this. I took all of my measurements. They made me laugh and somewhat embarrassed, but I’m excited to see the numbers change. I am sort of confused, because I thought this was a 90 day process, but it seems like it’s only a 30 day one. I don’t want it to be 30 days – so I will be doing a round 2. Did I mention as I’m writing this my thighs are numb… seriously… they hurt. Day one complete and am excited to see what day two has to offer!

6 comments:

annoyed army wife said...

Epsom salts, my friend. Pour 2 - 3 cups of those in a warm bath and soak for 15 minutes if you're getting sore. You will thank me later or not - it doesn't work for some people.

Lacey said...

Oh man! I watch those infomercials all the time! lol I really want to order that too!

The Sometimes Single Mom said...

I second the epsom salt. =) and maybe a few drops of lavender essential oil in the tub.

I Am a Marine's Girl said...

Haha i've been wanting to try that! OMG the captcha word for this was toosh, how funny is that??

It's Something Beautiful said...

Annoyed Army Wife & The Sometimes Single Mom - thanks for the bath ideas! I will definitely have to try that tonight. Just a LITTLE sore today :)

Lacey - I think its worth it! Plus if you don't like it after 30 days you can get your money back!

I Am a Marine's Girl - Haha That is way too funny! :)

Neidy said...

This reminds me of the time I did P90X's ab ripper...OW!! Beachbody is pretty amazing :) I would keep at it!

As far as the self confidence goes, you're truly wonderful. I'm glad that you're discovering that this is for you and not for anyone else. God made you special and amazing because He loves you and that's what's so cool about being made different!

So basically....One small step for women, one GIANT workout for your Gluteus Maximus!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails