Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yearly Check Up

Tomorrow I will be having the great pleasure in going to have my yearly check up done. I still haven't decided whether or not to get back on birth control, but its something that I'll talk to the doctor about. I told Mister about the wonderful pap smear that I have to get - his response, "At  least you'll be getting some kind of action..." My response? "Uh, yea... from a fifty year old lady." Exciting isn't it?  It will be my second one in three years though so I'm due to go in. I can't complain too much though, they really aren't that bad.

6 comments:

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

I had my annual appt. about 10 months into the last deployment. As I was on the table with legs up in the air, the dr. asked if I was pregnant. I made a comment about that being impossible since this was the most action I'd gotten in months. She didn't find it very funny... =)

It's Something Beautiful said...

Haha that's too funny! :)

annoyed army wife said...

Back when OccDoc was a really stupid new doctor (like before I moved in with him) he was doing (his last) rotation in OB/GYN. I was living in Chicago at the time and he was already in San Antonio. I asked how his day went and he told me "I was a pap smear machine today." If I could have reached through the phone and beat the snot out of him I would have. I told him if he ever said anything that derogatory about women again I'd leave him. We had to sit down and talk about feelings after that. He now knows what he did/said wrong and is much more sensitive to women. But I'm still pissed off about the comment he made 5 years ago, so I still might hit him later on.

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Yeah I hate spreading my legs!

Busy Working Mama said...

LOL too funny! I really need to schedule a visit. I haven't gone since my daughter was born...nearly 3 years ago! Oops :)

{Amanda} said...

Ew, I hate that appointment! The last time I went, the doctor talked to me for at least 5 minutes beforehand about everything from wine to prostate health. Dude, are you trying to get me to relax or are you just weird? Well, I didn't relax...& he was still weird. These kinds of appointments just need to be gotten over with! Fast!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails