Saturday, September 18, 2010

Calculating Time

I was just looking into flights to go see how much I should expect to pay when I visit Mister in early January and I had a major eye opener. At the MOST I'm looking at about $500 for the flight alone (found a few as low as $315), plus I'm going to need money while I'm there. I just don't know how I'm going to save that much.

So being the planner I am, I calculated it...

I have about 19 paychecks until I'd leave... that's +/- $2850. I also have 8 car payments totaling $824, plus I need to buy a bridesmaid gown which I'm expecting to be (at the most) $250. I usually spend $30 on gas every other week (another $285). I'll give myself a $200 leeway which would bring me to a total of $1291. Thankfully, I already have $375 in the bank so that helps and when I was calculating my paycheck I used the lowest amount of hours that I could ever get.

Grand Total: +/- $1666

Looks like my Christmas presents will be cheap and I will have no life for the next three months. 
That's okay though, it'll be worth it :) 

6 comments:

Kayla Sue said...

Ugh... traveling is so expensive. I've been looking at flights to visit home soon... and it's just too outrageous. At least you will have a wonderful time with your mister:)

Jordan said...

im not sure where youre flying to and from but when I ran into this problem I saved a TON of money by flying out of different airports that were bigger. I'm from NE but I would drive 3 hours to fly out of Kansas City and save around $200! Also, another good way to get a free ticket is to book yourself during busy times with airlines like delta or continental..they are usually over booked and will give you a free ticket if you take a later flight!

J said...

I know that feeling! It's hard but so worth it to budget the "in between" times

naomichronicles said...

I love the fact that you're calculating everything since I do that as well. Traveling can definitely get to be very expensive and it definitely sucks at times but everyone is right when they say that it is worth it. And great planning definitely helps the situation. :)

~Naomi

Carmen said...

Thanks for the follow! I'm following you in return and you will be getting comments from me quite a bit. =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Goodnight moon said...

Ugh...I hate that! And yes...it will ALL be worth it to see your man!!!! Just eat peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches for the next few months.

I found you blog hopping. I love meeting other USMC wives!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails