Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Craziest Thing You've Ever Heard!!!!

I'm finding it really difficult to stay motivated these days when it comes to school. I don't know how much more I'm going to be able to handle. My grade is horrible in my accounting class and I know its just going to get worse. We're in the stage where he said people are going to start, "dropping like flies". I think his way of talking puts doom in our eyes. He keeps saying that his class is something that you have to put a lot of time and effort into and right now I simply don't have the amount of time. I'm exhausted and its only month one of school. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

I found out that I need surgery in the next couple of weeks. My sinus problem is a lot worse then we thought and the doctor wants to shrink the pollup that has completely plugged a channel in my upper sinus cavity. The pollup is not allowing my sinuses to drain properly and he's worried about the pressure it could be producing. Eventually if it gets bad enough, it could be causing pressure on my brain. Not okay.

One of the ways they were thinking of operating was to cut from the very top of my head and down both sides so that they could basically flap where the skin of my forehead is down to my mouth so that they can have a more safe approach to removing the pollup. Is that not the craziest thing you've ever heard!?!? THANKFULLY, we're not going that route. Not yet at least. Like I said, they are going to try to shrink it first and are hoping that by doing that, I'll be able to drain. So they're going to take a cord and run it through my nose and then place a stint that will release steroids by my pollup and *fingers crossed* shrink it. They said its serious, because they'll be working near by brain, but that if I don't do it now - my problems are just going to get worse.

I'm still stuck on the part where they can flap your whole face over. Freakin crazy!

3 comments:

Ashley N. said...

WOW! How many people can say that they have had all the skin on there face taken off???? I wish you luck on the steroids and I hope you dont need your face flapped over.

Allie said...

That is crazu!!!! Oh my goodness I hope they do not have to go the flap route! You're in my thoughts.

Jen said...

WOW!!! That is crazy! I hope everything works out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails