Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Moment I KNEW + Something Beautiful

As you may remember, my last Sunday Stories was two weeks ago. I wasn't able to get the time to make up for missing last week. So here I am again, picking up from where I left off..

Two weeks ago I told you how Mister and I spent the two years while we had lost touch. Its an important part to the following story, so make sure you read up on it quick - it won't take long :)

This week, it's all about how we started talking again...

One day I was bored and browsing Facebook *shocker*. I had noticed that in my news feeds there was a picture of a guy that I hadn't talked to in a long time. I thought I would click on his profile and take another look at his pictures. So I did.. and oh boy did they remind me of how handsome this guy was (this guy being Mister if you aren't catching on..,). I decided to write him a quick message simply saying:
"August 23, 2009 at 7:19pm
hey how are you? im not all sure if you remember me, but we use to talk a little bit on here a while back. I just saw your pic come up on my fb and thought i'd see how you've been..."
It wasn't long after that he responded with:
"August 23, 2009 at 9:49pm

hey of course i remember!! ive been pretty good... just living the military life. how have you been"
It was the beginning of a conversation that led to more than I could have ever imagined. We began writing to each other constantly and it didn't take long for him to get my number. While texting, he said something to me that made me realize that he was someone special. Someone that I needed in my life and who was different than the rest. Without knowing my faith background he told me this:

"You should know that God is my everything. He's my life. I've drifted away from God a little bit while being stationed here in Japan, but am working on His and my relationship."
I can still remember reading that text. I was at work and my eyes had filled up with tears. I felt warmth inside and knew something great was about to happen. I thought back to the moment when the guy I dated before Mister had told had told me that he was going to be praying that I'd meet the right guy. I didn't realize it would take him only a few days, but I'm so happy that God answered his prayers :) 
You'll have to wait for next week to learn more about our story!

Now it's time for Something Beautiful - Moments!

I just learned earlier tonight that my brother was finally offered a fulltime job!!! I'm so happy for him! He has been working part time since he's moved to Oklahoma and desperately is needing more of an income. The only problem is he isn't sure that he'll be taking it. He has very bad back problems and the job does include some heavy lifting. PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS FOR GUIDANCE ON WHAT TO DO!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet story! Love it ;)

Kaylee said...

This is such a sweet story :) can't wait to read more.

p.s. I'm a new follower :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails