Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Southern Sweet Tea (First Recipe!)

Mister had told me a little bit ago that he LOVES sweet tea and one thing he would be super excited about is if I knew how to make it. Sure enough, I do! No need to go to Sonic or McDonalds - make it at home :)





Southern Sweet Tea

What you'll need:

3 cups water
2 family-sized tea bags
1/2 - 1 cup sugar (if you like your tea really sweet - add the full 1 cup.
7 cups cold water
2 slices lemon (optional)

What you do:

1. Bring three cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, add tea bags. Boil the tea bags for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Cover saucepan and steep for 10 minutes.
2. Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the desired amount of sugar and stir until dissolved.
3. Pour tea into a 1 gallon container and add 7 cups cold water.
4. If you want lemon, place inside container.
5. Serve over ice!

Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 1/5 QT

8 comments:

J said...

thanks for this! while I knew that it probably wasn't difficult to do, I had no idea HOW to make sweet tea! and my boyfriend loves it so much lol. He's already told me that once he gets back from his deployment he's going to want a hot shower and sweet tea in the fridge :)

It's Something Beautiful said...

You are so very welcome hun :) I hope he likes it!

Mrs H. said...

Thats how i make my sweet tea. Hubs on the other hand likes his tea to put you in a diabetic coma, he wont drink it if it has less than two cups of sugar. So Gross!

i have to label our pitcher so i dont drink the wrong one.

It's Something Beautiful said...

Mrs H - hahaha what a sweet tooth he must have! I use to not like unsweetend tea so I would always label my pitcher so that I didn't accidently take a cup of the wrong kind - now I can't get enough of it. Funny how that happens.

Thanks for the comment hun :)

Steph said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. My hubby absolutely loves sweet tea. Me, not so much.

Mama Nut said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! In answer to your question, we are doing a fall challenge there is link to all the information on the right side of my blog that says "Cat's 500" check it out if your interested! We would love to have you join us!!

http://nutsinanutshell.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

My husband will be tickled if I make this! Thanks for sharing :)

love jenny xoxo said...

I have never made real sweet tea before but now I'm gunna try it! Thanks! I love the blog!!

XOXO

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails