Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Night Full of Thoughts

Today's one of those nights where I really miss him. The kind where I could burst into tears at any moment. Nobody ever told me that we'd go eleven months without seeing each other. That at times things would be incredibly difficult. Maybe its a good thing someone didn't. In eleven months, I've gone through so many challenges with Mister.  So many surprises that I would never have believed if someone had told me. We've beat the odds. We've survived. In moments like tonight I just want to run my fingers up and down his skin. To look into his eyes and get lost. To be wrapped up in his arms and be at home again.

With everything that's happened, sometimes I wonder if the hardest times are yet to come. Being a couple hour plane trip away from each other, but knowing I'm sleeping alone. Seeing him off to Afghanistan and praying with all my heart that he's going to come home to me. Once engaged, knowing I can't spend quality time with my fiance. Once married, knowing every one is going to question our reason. It's simple: he's the one.

With every trial, the only result is strength. Strength to love one another more. Strength to grow closer. Strength to keep pushing on. Strength to know that nothing can tear us apart. Not distance. Not war. Not even these lonely nights. I'm forever his.

4 comments:

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Sweetie you are stronger than you know. Truly.

A Law Student in Love with her Marine said...

This is beautiful.

Bella N Chief said...

Loved reading this.

Jessica said...

this was such a sweet post...really loved reading this ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails