Saturday, November 27, 2010

Having Bad Dreams While Seperated

When I was little, I always would pray that I didn't have a dream before I went to bed. Usually when I dreamed it wasn't the good kind. Dreams are said to be an expression of what you're thinking or feeling about what's going on in your life. Maybe since I have anxiety problems, mine are destined to be bad..

Tonight I had a bad dream. I've been up for almost two hours now to try to get it out of my mind, but I just can't shake it. I called and texted Mister, but he didn't wake up to his phone going off so here I am... typing this post to try to keep myself busy. All I want is for him to tell me it's okay. That it was just a dream and to go back to sleep. That's all I need, but I can't have that and I hate it. Stupid.
Looks like I'll be falling asleep to the TV tonight. As long as I fall asleep and not dream, I'll be okay.

4 comments:

J said...

awww it'll be ok! My dreams are pretty whacked out too, and usually I try to just tell myself that my imagination is like being in Wonderland. Nothing there is really real. It's just a weird doppelganger of whatever it is that you're really feeling. I don't know what your dream was about, but taking a deep breath, and visualizing a calm place does wonders for being able to relaxing a jittery system. I hope you got back to sleep!

Mikey Mike said...

It may seem a bit hard to do, but while you'll retain these thoughts until you get a hold of him, I'd like to suggest trying to just think about the most recent happy or wonderful things you did with him. Hopefully there are enough good memories that you can just sit back, close your eyes and reel through in your hear. Try to think of it as a memory movie. Play out the conversations you've had and whatever events surrounded them. Those things that are most memorable to you. If you try it, I hope it holds you over until you can get a hold of him. My prayers are for you tonight.

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I have nightmares like crazy and its like they upped the ante since Mr. Superman left. There's nothing worse than waking up from a horrible nightmare alone. Blech.

nicole said...

new follower! I'm loving your story, SO cute! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails