- As you know, on the 6th Mister arrived to Camp Pendleton! I talked with him about what I found on Facebook and he cleared things up for me. He told his grandpa bits and pieces of details and his grandpa just decided to post it all as something that was happening for sure when really, it was just what Mister thought COULD happen. So that was cleared up thankfully and he reassured me that when he knew anything he'd tell me. That leads me to my next point...
- SO FAR, Mister in NOT deploying to Afghanistan! This is great news if you ask me! I feel really blessed. He found out that in September or October he will be deploying on a 7 month MEU that is NON-COMBAT. Hello? Can things get much better?! Obviously there is a chance that he could become a combat engineer replacement and head to Afghanistan, but he's been told that they already have a bunch of people lined up for that and that they need him for the MEU. :) I'll take seven months on a ship, than seven months in a war zone. This leads me to the most exciting point of all!!!...
- Mister and I are getting married this coming July/August!! We talked about it and he told me he didn't want to wait any longer. I know he's it for me; there is no question in my mind. For the first time in my life, I feel like I don't have that gut feeling telling me not to do something. God put us in each others lives for a reason and I believe that reason is to with each other forever. I love him SO much - even if he is a pain once in a great while ;)
- Mister also has his date for leave. He's going to be home for Christmas, but not Thanksgiving. That adds a couple weeks to my countdown date, but that is A-Okay with me! I just want to be back in his arms.
- I have my surgery tomorrow at 10am. I am so nervous!! Prayers would be more than wonderful!
The other thing I'm worried about is our families meeting. They haven't done that yet so that is a pretty frightening thing! My mom did meet Mister's mom and they loved each other so I'm not worried about that. Everyone else just needs to meet and I hope to God it goes well. Once we're married, they probably wouldn't even see each other much so I guess it's whatever lol. Our families love us so that's all that matters :)
Well I am off to go to bed so that I'm well rested for my surgery!
***A special thanks to all the veterans! My thoughts and prayers have been with you all today. Thank you for fighting for my rights to live free as an American. No words could ever compare to how much graditude and appreciation I have for you. God Bless you!!