Thursday, January 27, 2011

Taking a Moment to Take It All In

My parents were amazing enough to give me a brand new Canon T2i last month. They know that if I wanted to succeed in becoming a photographer that I needed to start taking pictures and learn the basics so that I can improve. Since then, I've taken well over a thousand pictures (so easy to do) and am learning a lot of new techniques.

One of the best things I've learned from taking pictures is how beautiful the world really is. When one turns on the TV, there's nothing but sex, war, terrorism, death, and murder. With stories like these, it's hard to be optimistic. It's hard to see the good in people and the good in the world. It's when one really opens their eyes and take a moment to look around that they see that there is so much more to this world than what first appears. There's beauty in the way the sunlight hits a persons face, the way trees bend in the wind, and the way a flower feeds bees. There is beauty in the colors that paint a sunset, a flag that flows proudly (seems like Perkins always has the best ones!!), and the way a couple holds hands and look at each other with nothing but content.

Everyday I try to take a few moments to take some pictures. It centers me and is a great way to lose any bad feelings. It helps me grow closer to God and appreciate life that much more. In a world of uncertainty, its nice to know that all I have to do is look around and God is there.

1 comments:

Consider The Lilies said...

that's the same camera I have. it's an AMAZING little camera for sure.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails