Sunday, January 2, 2011

We're Engaged!

These past two weeks have been crazy amazing. About two weeks ago, Mister came home for leave. Seeing him for the first time in a year was the best feeling in the world. His plane arrived a half hour early so we had to rush as we were just pulling into the parking area. When we finally saw him, his sisters and the rest of his family were the first to hug him. When everyone had their chance, it was finally mine. I cried as he held me, kissed his lips and took in the special moment of being back in my mans arms again. When we were done saying hello again to one another, I took a step back to look at him. The first thing out of my mouth, "You're a lot taller than I remember." It's true though! I don't remember him being so tall, but I guess your memory can become fuzzy about things like that when you've been away for a year.

One of the cutest moments that happened at the airport was from a complete stranger though. A woman came up to us and explained that when Mister and I finally said hello to one another, that she couldn't help but tear up. That it was so sweet watching us. Yaaa.. we are cute :)

The first few days of Mister being home were great! It was amazing to have him back home and just being with one another. A damper though was as soon as Mister got home, his bills came and he had no money left. We made it work though. I had saved a lot of money and had no problem with chipping in on little things. We're a team, chipping in and helping one another is just something you do.

About a week went by and it was finally Christmas Eve. Mister's parents are separated, so we spent Christmas Eve at his moms house and then he was going to spend Christmas day at his dads. Christmas Eve morning I went over to his moms house and was greeted by his whole family. I opened a stocking they had for me and cuddled with my love in our pj's. We had yummy "monkey brains" and then it was time to open presents! I was so excited for him to open my presents that I got him. I knew he was going to freak out. When it was finally time for him to, he did exactly what I thought he was going to: freak out! I bought my love some amazing tickets to his favorite teams game - something he's always wanted to be able to go to. Needless to say, I did good!

After presents were opened, Mister and I went out to go shopping for his dad - or so I thought! As we drove into one of my favorite cities, I couldn't help but take pictures. Snow had just fallen so the whole town was coated with a blanket of white. It was beautiful. As we drove to find parking, a really nice decorated gazebo appeared. Mister asked if I wanted to go up to it. Of course I said yes. I wanted to take pictures and take in the scenery with him.

As we were walking up to the gazebo, I began to tell Mister about how my aunt was married going down the river on a ferry. Once we walked up a few stairs we were underneath the small building and I set down my purse on a bench so I could take some pictures. Mister turned me around and asked me if I knew what was special about the place we were standing at. I said no. He then began to tell me that my mom and dad had their first date there and that it was also the place where he was going to ask me to marry him. I instantly began to cry. He went to pull something from his jacket and out came a little box. That little box had a beautiful ring in it that I was able to see as he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes!

I was bawling as we hugged one another and then he finally put the ring on my little finger. This is when I really got to look at my ring  and it is stunning. Much bigger than I expected, but I'm not complaining :) It was exactly what I wanted and was so impressed with his pick!  Not to mention the sparkle. Oh how it sparkles!

After taking in my ring, I called my mom and told her the news. She already knew about it all though because the night before Mister had asked my parents for my hand in marriage. Good boy! To say I was on cloud nine is an understatment. Truely the happiest girl in the world.

We found ourselves to get all hungry from the excitement so we stopped and enjoyed some food at Dairy Queen - a place where we had our first date (you do what you can when you're broke hehe).

When we got back to his house, we were congradgulated by his whole family. I cried again as they all hugged me. It was yet again a perfect moment.

The rest of the night was dampered by an incident that happened shortly after. I will explain this later, but want to leave this post a good one. Long story short: mister and I are happily engaged!

20 comments:

Cheilsea said...

Oh my gosh, sweetest thing ever!!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!!

Ashley N. said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Thats so adorable!

Audrey said...

Congratulations!!!! That is such a romantic proposal :)

Reina said...

Yay! Happy New Year and CONGRATS!!!

Charity said...

This is wonderful news! Congratulations, this is a day you will remember for the rest of your life!! I wish you all the best and for the two of you to have a long and happy marriage!! Now the fun begins, planning!!

Krystal said...

Love this story, congrats! :D

kelsey lauren said...

congratulations!!!! I love how he thought out the place and how it had so much meaning behind it! omg everyone is getting engaged I think I'm the last bloggy military girlfriend now haha

Stacie said...

Congratulations on your engagement!

Jessikuh said...

This made me tear up! Congratulations! :D What a beautiful moment you two shared, even from the beginning of being able to hug him again. I am so happy for you!

♥ Dani said...

Congratulations!!! What a sweet story!

ProudArmyWife21 said...

THis made ME CRY! how perfect and romantic and sweet.. totally wanna see those pics :)
CONGRATS

Whitney said...

congrats!!!!! i just got engaged too (on christmas eve) :)

annoyed army wife said...

Congrats! I love the story - so romantic!

Katelyn said...

Yayy!! Congratulations! Lets see your ring!

Radiant Readhead said...

yay!!! congrats!!! are you going to post a pic of the ring? I would LOVE to see this sparkly trreasure!! lol

Miss L said...

Awww! Congratulations! What an exciting way to celebrate the holidays :) Best wishes to both of you!

Allie said...

Awww Congratulations!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! I sat here in tears reading this entire post! So very very happy for you!!
Congrats!

naomichronicles said...

Congratulations on your proposal! A beautiful story and yes I was tearing up. I am so happy for you!

~Naomi

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails