Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Watching Money Fly By

I never had any idea how much money weddings can cost. We're trying to make this a nice wedding while keeping a low budget in mind. We were orginally shooting for $5000, but I think we said goodbye to that budget. I'm having a really hard time with this though. My parents are taking the financial burden because it has basically been placed right in their laps. With the job that I have and being in school still, I can't chip in as much. With my photography starting up, I will be putting all of the money into our wedding. I wish I could put it into better gear and lenses like orginally planned, but helping my family financially is my first priority. As for Mister, he has his own financial things that he needs to take care of.

Maybe I'm just stressed out. We have been doing a lot of planning lately so all of the numbers are just being thrown up in my face. I think we're just going to have to go through the check list again and see where money can be saved.

I think I just realized why people don't like planning weddings. Good thing this is only being done once twice*!


*note: small ceremony before he leaves, bigger wedding with everyone we love and care about when he comes home.

1 comments:

A Marine Fiancee said...

I know exactly what you mean ! I'm in the same boat..we're doing our own favors & centerpieces. You could look into doing your own invites & save the dates & such. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails