Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Email Annoyance

Most people I've talked to have said that the most annoying part of planning a wedding is everyones ideas being thrown out there and how magically everyone you haven't talked to you in the last five years shows up and wants to be a special guest at the wedding. Now, I've experienced both of these already, and yes, it's quite annoying, but do you want to know what is even more annoying? Venues/photography sites/caterers/floral shops/etc that say, "Please contact us for pricing and more information" smack dab on their website. I'm a bride gosh darnit and I have a million things to attend to. Sending an email to about a hundred places to see if they're in my price range, is not my cup of tea nor is it on my list of fun doing. It's annoying!

End rant.

5 comments:

Kimberly In Seattle said...

Ahh I totally understand! I really just need the prices up front so I can either put you on my "can't afford" list or "possibly" list...

ProudArmyWife21 said...

TOTALLY understand we had 2 weddings and omg it was ridiculous!

annoyed army wife said...

Oh man, I remember the days of sticker shock. I called one place and it was $35,000 just to rent the room, then add in food, drinks, music, etc. OccDoc and I were rolling on the floor laughing SO hard! Try not to get too stressed and if people want to be part of your special day you can always give them tasks. I had my sister-in-law price price out the flower and work with the florist. It made my flowers extra special because I knew someone who cared about me created them.

Allie said...

That was horribly frustrating! Try going to Bridal Shows, that way you can talk to people face to face and even get better deals. I went to one and I wish I could have gone to more!

Carmen said...

I agree with Allie, go to a couple bridal shows and that way you can talk in person. Much easier that way! That's how I found my DJ for my reception :)

Yes, weddings are frustrating sometimes and people come out of the blue to get invited but if you are on a budget, you just have to learn to say no to those people who really should be there :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails