Saturday, April 9, 2011

One Product I'll NEVER Use Again - Skin So Soft by Avon

Growing up in a northern state, one doesnt get as much sun as those in the south. It's just as simple as that. Unfortunately for me, I was "blessed" with naturally pale (and I mean PALE) skin. When I go to the store for makeup, I'm that girl that gets everything in the lightest shade possible.

The time that I mind the paleness the most is in the summer. I hate tanning beds because I don't want to be 30 looking like I'm 50, and I don't have the time to lay out in the sun for a little bit each day. Not to mention, I don't tan naturally very well either. I was blessed...

For the past couple years, I've been on the hunt for the perfect tan in a bottle. I've tried numerous brands and products and although I've come across a few OK's, I decided the other day to try Avon's "Skin So Soft" product. That was a big mistake. I thought I'd be smart to test the product on the top of my right foot. Just to see if I liked the color. If I did, I would do it on a bigger portion of my skin - like both of my legs for example since everyone is wearing jeans still where I'm at. My foot was fine after a few hours, so I impatiently just did it all over my legs... {must learn patience}. I'm now sitting here with a rash from the top of my feet all the way up to my butt. Apparently my body does not like "Skin So Soft" and now where there is a hair pore, there is a red bump that BURNS! I've been drugged up on Benedril for the last 3 days and there is finally a slight improvement in my skin.

Whatever is in the stuff that I'm allergic to, I probably shouldnt be around it! I was sitting in the shower {to lazy to stand up} and had my arms sitting on my legs. Well, the rash spread to both arms... yay me!

Note to self: never use that product again. Also, kind of jealous of those that can, because the color was actually somewhat decent.

3 comments:

Ashley N. said...

Aw that sucks so hard! Made my legs burn just thinking about it.

Katelyn said...

Ouch! I hope it goes away for you asap! You should try Sun Labs. I've heard great results! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eexQnDrKPvo This is a video about it.

Miss L said...

I had something like that happen back in the fall! I was using one of those sunless tanners too (I don't remember the brand) and it made my skin feel like i had a chemical burn! Dried it out so bad that my skin was red and chapped and peeling like crazy. I am so wary of those lotions now. Hoping your rash clears up soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails