Sunday, April 3, 2011

Smile

To put things simple: life's been hectic.  
Mister is doing well. Things with us are great. It's been hard to see each other as much as we use to on Skype with all of his deployment training, but we make it work. This whole deployment thing just sucks. He doesnt have an official date yet, but the month has been pushed up and the whole thing has now been extended. We're looking at a fantastic (cue sarcasm) 9 - 10 month deployment. Crappy. I'm sure it will change again another ten times. I'd be surprised if it wasn't more, but isn't that how the military goes?

I think for the first time, Mister's upcoming deployment has really started to get to me. Not in the sense of, "I don't know if I can do this." I know I can. More in the sense of, "I don't want to lose him." Normal, I know. It's his job and he's darn good at it. Sometimes I just wonder how I'm going to take it all. Will I be able to sleep at night or am I going to go almost a year with bad dreams and baggy eyes? Am I going to cry every day or will I just have my moments? Everyone is different I suppose, but it would just be nice to know how I was going to handle with it so that I could prepare myself for... well, myself.

The one thing I look forward to (rather him stay, but make best of the situation right?) is creating and sending care packages. Aren't they fun? While Mister was stationed at Japan, I learned how to do them real good and yet real cheap. The key: Dollar Tree and buying bulk. Both really do wonders on the bank account. It's nice just knowing that, that box is going to be in my loves hand some time after I send it and it will bring a smile to his face. How I would do anything to see that smile.

The other thing I look forward to, homecoming. From the day "I'll see you later" begins, so will the countdown to that first kiss. I've become obsessed with the show "Coming Home". Although I informed Mister that more Marines need to do some surprising because there has definitely been a lack of them on the show. He was too busy laughing his butt off at Jackass 3 to care what I was talking about, but his laughter brought a smile to my face and so I didn't really care. Like I said, I would do anything to see that smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails