Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things have been crazy lately. My dad just had surgery last month and now my brother is having surgery in a couple of weeks. On top of that, if he has the surgery, which he needs, he'll lose his job. Talk about great huh?

I haven't had much time to write lately due to working so much and trying to get my photography going. I've had a few photo shoots and have been learning more and more lately. It's been wonderful!

Not so wonderful is all of the pre-deployment training Mister is doing. I know his workup is larger then most due to certain circumstances, but come on! It's just nice knowing that soon he'll be deployed and soon after that we'll get to start our lives together. Together. I love that word.

Over the fourth of July I was able to spend a whole five days TOGETHER with him. It was wonderful. By the way I basically saved him on the beach... I won't go into detail, but I wanted to plug that in incase we look back at this and I can remind him :) Yes Mister, I saved you!

My last post stated that I was going to be going to the Marine Corps Ball. Unfortunately, money is tight and I won't be going anymore. I'm heart broken, but I understand at the same time. That means, the dress that I have might be going up for sale. I'm still deciding whether or not to do this because I love it so much. There aren't many dresses like it and I know that if I sell it, it'll be gone. So right now, I'm thinking.

Well I'm off to go search for wedding contests! I am determined to save money by winning things - now if only my luck turns around :) Wish me luck!!

1 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

Are you missing the ball because of plane tickets? If so, check into southwest, they constantly run deals. If you're missing it because of the cost of ball tickets... each unit usually has a fund for circumstances like that and if your marine has done volunteer work or company volunteer days he should be able to go at a discounted price... seriously, have him ask around! (our first ball my husband -then boyfriend- put in volunteer hours and got our tickets half off!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails